Welcome to Wax+Wraps (“Africa Fashion Guide Ltd”) privacy notice.
Wax+Wraps respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining your trust, confidence and protecting your personal data. We don’t sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies or businesses for marketing purposes. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we use and look after your personal data when you visit our website (collectively, the “Website”) (regardless of where you visit it from), when and why we collect your personal information, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
Our website address is: http://www.waxandwraps.store
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Wax and Wraps via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Wax and Wraps,, or us||Wax and Wraps is a trading company of Africa Fashion Guide Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08469060 whose registered office is at -, -, London, E17;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Wax and Wraps or Africa Fashion Guide Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Wax and Wraps or Africa Fashion Guide Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.waxandwraps.store, www.waxandwraps.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
When someone visits www.waxandwraps.store we use third party services, Facebook Pixels and also Google Analytics, to collect information about how the website is being used. This collects internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We do this to find out things like which pages are popular and how many visitors there are to the website. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
If we do want to collect personal information through our website, such as your email address, we’ll be up front about this. We’ll make it clear when we collect personal information and we will explain what we intend to do with it.
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. IP address (automatically collected);
d. Operating system (automatically collected);
e. Email address
f. Comments by visitors left on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
As part of the registration process for our regular e-newsletter, we collect your personal information (e.g., name and email address). We use the information to update you on the things you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, Active Campaign (previously Mailchimp), to deliver our newsletter. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, fill out a form, use our platform or otherwise communicate with us. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
You can unsubscribe to our newsletter at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, or you can email our data protection officer Jacqueline Shaw – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Africa Fashion Guide Ltd is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Data around Purchases
When you buy from us through this website, your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our shop processing system, Subbly, and our CRM (customer relationship management) systems, Active Campaign. It will also connect to the secure payment processors Paypal / Stripe and accounting system WaveApps to manage your payment.
We use a fulfilment centre to ship your order; they only receive the address needed to post the order. We use this data to fulfil your order and don’t share your personal details with any other company without your consent
Third party websites and services
10. Wax and Wraps may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
a. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
b. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
17. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
19. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Africa Fashion Guide Ltd (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £0.
20. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Jacqueline Shaw at email@example.com
21. Data security is of great importance to Wax and Wraps, and Africa Fashion Guide Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
25. Cookies are small text files which are placed onto your computer or devices with similar capability (tablets, smart phones) when you visit a website. They’re used to ‘remember’ your computer when you use the website again. Cookies let you navigate around websites efficiently, remember your preferences and generally improve your experience of using the website. You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
26. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
27. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
28. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
29. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. The International Chamber of Commerce UK has developed classifications for cookies which explain more about the types of cookies we use, why we use them, and the functionality they provide.
30. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Wax and Wraps to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
Type of Cookie
31. This Website may place the following Cookies:
a. Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
b. Performance Cookies - These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
c. Functionality Cookies - These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
d. Marketing Cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks such as Facebook. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
How do I disable cookies?
32. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Your website browser settings allow you to reject cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
37. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
38. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Wax and Wraps by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
20 September 2020